Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can I Pull Off: Tights with Shorts

I have debated with friends about the ability to carry off shorts with tights in winter. What flies and what doesn't in terms of who/what is needed to pull it off. I honestly love the look but as a girl living in the real world away from red carpets or after parties filled with cigarette smoke and blow, I need to know that it is appropriate for my lifestyle and body shape. Shorts are usually best and most flattering with a cuff or feminine detailing like a lace or scalloped hem. And one thing I know for sure, denim cut offs and tights is NOT a friendly combination.
Forever 21 Wool Cuffed Shorts, $17.80

Elizabeth and James Herringbone Shorts, $98 on sale

Club Monaco Dani Shirt
Club Monaco Jaqueline Winter Short, $119

Silence and Noise Scalloped Shorts, $48

No comments:

Post a Comment