Sunday, November 7, 2010

Inspiration Board: Hilary Duff

I mentioned in an earlier post that I am trying to incorporate more scarves into my wardrobe. I look at pictures of my girl HDuff and she has the right idea. Scarves have become her signature look - she throws on the accessory and voila, girl's got an outfit. She's all about the big accessories to slim down the body and I like her thought process: big earrings, big glasses, big scarf, big purse deflect from anything busting out on that hourglass figure.

You could go with the a skinny scarf, the traditional long scarf wrapped around, the oversize square scarf or an infinity loop (the latter two are new favorites of mine). Trust, this is so easy to pull off and seem stylish. I wore a red square scarf tied around my neck with a long black GAP tank, Uniqlo black boyfriend blazer, dark J Brand Lovestory flare jeans and black booties and was told multiple times how cute I looked. And it was so PLAIN, the scarf is just what pulled it all together. So go forth, my children, and invest in a scarf from H&M or Urban Outfitters and you too can be as stylin' as me and HDuff.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment