Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brrrrr







Winter coats - we all need them. But who wants to be boring in black or built like the Michelin man (unable to put your hands at your side)? Not. I. So I have picked my favorite coats to snuggle up.

I love love love me a faux fur chubby.  Sometimes a cropped fur jacket can channel more Jenny from the Block and less every day wear, but I think this one from Juicy is adorable.  It looks super warm and perfect for nights out or a day full of errands. 

For the puffer, I say the MICHAEL Michael Kors jacket (that everyone and their neighbor has) is the best buy. There is a reason its so popular, it is warm and actually fairly slimming. I have the above version from Bluefly, but you can also get a similar one from Macy's for $120, act now!!

For color, I threw in the purple Tulle jacket. Two years ago I bought an emerald green wool Marc by Marc Jacobs jacket and I have yet to regret the high price tag. I get a MILLION compliments on my chic coat, and it doesn't matter that it won't go with all colors, the coat makes (and covers) the outfit no matter what. You don't have to be boring in black.

The Mara Hoffman coat I die for and wish I could make an addtion to my closet, but alas, I have no need for it this time around. Maybe next winter. Just had to put it up for all the bloggersphere to collectively swoon at its coziness.

1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I have the Mara Hoffman wrap coat (in camel though) and have probs never received so many compliments on an article of clothing. Love it. Well worth it.

    Grace
    www.stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete