Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Inspiration Board: Holiday Party Outfit

I was recently perusing the BCBG website and saw an outfit featuring a lacy top with black slim pants. Seemed simple enough, but I immediately fell in love with this idea for holiday party dressing. I have decided I'd like to rebel this winter and banish my tights for a more comfortable look. No more cold wind cutting underneath my dress or constant sucking in to be sure my dress lays flat. I love the idea of a fancy top with simple black pants at a Christmas party, unexpected like a women wearing a tuxedo to the black tie affair. I have a gold top with a large collar that often seems too garish to wear for just another night out. I was drawn to the flash but rarely pull the trigger when dressing. Happy to say this image has convinced me the top can shine like a true star come Thursday night for my holiday fiesta.  Add some giant stud earrings and a cuff, or a huge statement necklace, and all eyes will definitely be on you. Enjoy that fifth glass of champagne in comfort AND style, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment