Monday, December 6, 2010

Cover Up To Hang Out

I saw this picture of Dakota Fanning a couple of months ago as she was leaving the airport, and I can't help thinking how chic she looks in that poncho sweater. Yes I know it's a shapeless shift, but it looks amazingly cozy. I understand we should always aim to dress in a way that's flattering to our bodies and not hide behind fabric, but sometimes a girl gets an unfortunate "food baby" and a curve hugging top is not our friend. In the winter when everyone is layering against the cold, I say feel free to hide behind a cute cape/poncho sweater and go to town on a yummy meal. Follow Dakota's lead and show off your legs in skinny jeans (I suggest adding knee high boots for a more everyday look), or you could do dark flare jeans to balance out the top (the flare style tends to make any backside look bangin') and wear with heels. Below, I have picked a few versions for your viewing and purchasing pleasure. Personally, I own a heather grey cape jacket from Susana Monaco that I break out with a black tutleneck and jeans and it never fails, people always tell me its a great look.

DAKOTA'S PONCHO photo | Dakota Fanning

Image 1 of ASOS Military Knitted Cape
ASOS, Military Knit Cape $62.06

Gap, Knit Poncho $79.50

black
Nanette Lepore, "Get a Clue" Cape $199 on sale

No comments:

Post a Comment