After working in the beauty industry for a few years, you start to learn which products are truly amazing and which are pure hype with a great PR team and loyal beauty editors to convince consumers to purchase. I tend to be a creature of habit, so I have a lot of go-to products that I have collected and become a fanatic for.
Clockwise from top left:
1. TheBalm Balms Away, $20
2. Eve Lom Dynaspot, $30
3. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Rose, $22
4. Essie Jelly Apple, $8
5. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Cheek and Lip, $24
6. Makeup Forever Concealer, $30
7. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash, $6.89
1. One weekend when visiting my good friend Kimmie K, we came back from a (late) night out and got ready for bed. She whipped out a tub of vaseline and got to work on her eyes. I was confused as I took liquid eye makeup remover to a cotton ball and tugged at my lids - what is she, nuts? No, turns out she's genius. Vasoline is gentler on the skin around the eyes and easy swipes away at dark pigments for a clean face. My favorite is theBalm Balms Away due to its added vitamins and cute tin (i'm a sucker for girlie packaging).
2. BEST way to try out a testy zit. Just squeeze a little on your finger, dab to cover the zit (don't rub in), let sit overnight while sleeping, and BOOM, that zit will shrink down in no time.
3. Smells like frosting and best pink color, not too bright and totally kissable.
4. My nail color of choice when I feel like channeling Olivia Palermo. When I'm looking to go more Kardashian, I reach for OPI Black Onyx.
5. I prefer a cream blush to powder, just dab your finger a couple of times in the pot and then dab along the apples of your cheek. Rub in and rub slightly up your cheek bone. My favorite shades are Calypso Coral when I try a lady-like cat eye with my liner a la Lauren Conrad, and Pink Truffle when my makeup is a little more sultry.
6. Fantastic concealer, hides the red better than most I've tried. Make Up Forever is a a favorite brand for most makeup artists, anything they trust must be good.
7. This face wash has changed my skin. I have combination skin and need something a little stronger. If you have skin that gets too dry or irritated easily, then wash with this at night to remove your makeup and dirt from the day and immediately apply a light lotion or moisturizer after to keep skin hydrated. In the morning, use a light gentler cleanser like Cetaphil.